We are deep into the dog-days of summer, but very soon the school bells will start to ring and the cooler temps & falling leaves will be on their way. Make the most of fresh summer produce, long summer nights, and outdoor grilling while you still can with this delicious accompaniment to your summer burgers & weenies!
End-of-Summer Cucumber Salad
- 2 “seedless” Enlglish cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 C white wine vinegar
- 1/4 C tbsp EVOO
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend (oregano, basil, etc)
- Combine vinegar, EVOO, salt, and seasonings to prepare dressing. Whisk together thoroughly.
- Slice the cucumbers and onion. Halve tomatoes, removing excess juice. Place in a bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over salad and toss to coat. Salt/pepper to taste if needed.
- For best flavor, cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Enjoy with your favorite summer meals & a glass of Princess Cut semi-sweet white wine.